Tick Tock, this is how we rock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXgbZWNpIX0
(theme fades out)

Hey there and welcome to the VIP private party for all game show fanatics, GSN The Know. Last week's rain wherever you are cooled down the summer for just a bit and we got stuff to warm you up with a basket of Zebra cakes Alabama Danielle brought to me. And at the Video Arcade Lounge, everyone can have a happy hour watching 2 hours of Feud, but we begin with who was watching by putting the Independence Day week cartridge in Hilty. Check this....




Fifth Grader bounced back taking the first 2 spots and Feud salvaging a 3rd spot. However with 2 shows tying for 7th, Catch 21 makes a shocking entry placing 10th on the list. Now to where all the fireworks got exploded and that's the dumpster.

DWTS became midsummer night's rave gone wrong, and by wrong, I meant really wrong. It was scattered everywhere including the last 4 spots to honor its 3-day marathon. The highest came at #196 on the countdown and it was the same when people started tuning in to that show. That's the first quarter. Let Hilty explode!



Now the second quarter. A small change on Thursday when Fifth Grader takes the place of Catch 21 either this week or next week. Check Game Show Follies in the google search box, click on the PDFs, and find it there. Also, the Pyramid will be premiering on September 3rd and Flasher took a photo of the host to prove it. Snap it, Flasher!



Another change is that on July 24th, Minute to Win it will take the place of Sherriwed getting punished to weekends. Let's learn more about this new acquisition.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51tpgGxvEgw

Under the Sink.






For 69 episodes, Guy Fieri took Beat The Clock to another level. This NBC program asked you to do stunts in one minute all for a shot at a million dollars. It's another one of those million dollar shows joining the likes of MDP, WWTBAM, DOND and 1 vs. 100. Let's hope it'll do well.

Out of getting under the sink and into this story:

http://www.esquire.com/_mobile/the-side/best-month-ever/best-game-show-moments-ever#slide-1

Esquire put out a long list of the best game show contestants ever. You'll see the likes of Ken Jennings, John Carpenter and more among others.

http://www.theprovince.com/touch/entertainment/story.html?id=6915998

Mr. Baggage, Jerry Springer talks about being the host of TPIR live!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjKZLMduG8I

Oops, guess what time it is, know it alls....the speed round.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/lifestyles/x333937961/Veteran-game-show-host-ready-for-summer-series?mobRedir=false

Bob Goen gets ready for his TPIR live summer series in Branson....

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/news/chuck-woolery-attacks-michael-moore-349148

The Lingo Master calls out Michael Moore...

http://articles.pasadenasun.com/2012-07-14/opinion/32677359_1_quiz-show-tv-show-game-show-network

And pastors talk about the Bible in a game show in which we'll have a future 3rd quarter on this blog.


And that signals the end of the speed round and the start of halftime. Now SDCC was last week and if you went there, you became a geek or gamer girl all around. Here's Team Unicorn to tell you more about it.






And we zap into the third quarter. We ask posters which acquisition you would like to see bring back starting with:

"I'd say 1 vs. 100 and Hollywood Squares are shows I'd like to see back the most.

I wouldn't object to Weakest Link coming back either."

Come on, I would love to see the syndicated version back with future TPIR announcer George Gray. Next one....

"1 vs. 100. I miss it very much.

Power of 10 should've stayed too."

I know, but the fact of the matter is it only ran for 16 shows. Who knows? MDP may soon be gone, but it sells well to weekend warriors seeing all 12 shows in a 52-week span. Here's another one....

"1 vs. 100 should have had a third season, but NBC didn't really give it a chance. I remember between 2006-08 it was taken on and off several times. Power of 10's problem is it was held out too long. NBC never seemed to be as thrilled about 1 vs. 100 as Deal or No Deal.

The whole gameplay was pretty bad since per contestant they would only ask five questions ($1,000, $10,000, $100,000, $1,000,000, $10,000,000), and most players didn't even go for $1 million. Maybe it could have been a half hour, or something different with the gameplay. At least 1 vs. 100 on NBC was somewhat fast paced."


I may agree on why Power of 10 should've had a half hour. Maybe the questions worth $10 and $100 would've worked like tpir's Grand Game. Here's another poster:

"I'm beyond surprised that Hollywood Squares is in the lead. I never really liked the modern version that GSN aired at all, and I would prefer that they would never bring Hollywood Squares back in any form, and just lease Match Game instead."

Maybe John Davidson's version would've made the airwaves, but one poster says otherwise....

"Really? I actually thought a few of those shows were good above, but of course it's just an opinion. The negatives were on DOND, Power of 10 and even Hollywood Squares. Power of 10 was dragged out too long, DOND was hot on GSN, but then we saw rerun abuse by late 2010 when GSN picked up syndicated episodes. And, Hollywood Squares kept getting pushed back and bombed almost everywhere.

1 vs. 100 seems the best to me, even though the poll disagrees with me right now with Hollywood Squares in first."

And now you know why Squares can't cooperate. Now I have a confession to make:

When I joined Game Show Fever Chat, everything was bits and pieces of mini games taken from the pages of classic game shows. But I decided to leave when my FB friend Shadeed Kelly cursed in a question involving maids on tv. That was the last straw for me and I was hard at work on my group page. The reason why is you got Erik who takes classic cartoon culture and make it a game show. Then there are anti DWTS ranting. Apparently, the GSN forums have got their back and we've heard from them. Then you got Buzzerblog. They know GSN a little, but they got uk shows the most, so I'm with them, but hanging around with the know it alls on my group page makes me feel special to each and every one of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VovXGW8pSR4

Leaving isn't a way to go, but we have too right now. Please vote for my blog as "Best Local Blog" by going to:

Memphisflyer.com

We want to make you the best game show blog in the world.


Remember to get into our FB group page and tell us about it. Tweet me @ Johnny_Arcade, friend me as Pierre Jason Kelly or email me at coppockonsports@yahoo.com and when I'm on the GSN forums, I'm Gameheadz. See you guys later and play on, playas.


Comments

  1. It turns out Shadeed isn't banned. He is in the member list. I already know this from somebody else that doesn't have him blocked/Shadeed doesn't have them blocked. At least Adam gave me a second chance, and knows damn well what happened on July 4th. It was nothing but a bunch of third graders there. Even Mike Tiller(who I didn't even know was a member) came at me. All got butthurt because I didn't eat their crap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts