VO: This is Overtime. More about the network you know & trust. Here now Pierre Kelly.
Me: Time for overtime. A treat in one wee little bag. Today, things you didn't know about....Crosswits!
1. Prior to doing this gig, David Sparks did a pilot called "On A Roll". And it didn't work.
2. This past Sunday had 2 shows:
83 (Charles Shaughnessy, Rosie O'Donnell, Joanna Kerns & Ilene Graff): Silver Chevrolet S-10 Blazer, Ford Taurus L Wagon ($12,056) & red Pontiac Fiero
80 (John Schuck, Roberta Leighton, Arsenio & Charlie Callas): Black Fiero, Firebird & Green Blazer ($12,199)
3. Michelle Roth is the first female announcer of a game show.
4. Sticking with Michelle...
-Usually on "Crosswits", Michelle would plug the car in the middle.
5. for car wins on "Crosswits", I could hear some faint car honks; also, a contestant's GT would flash on the bottom of the screen (on the ep. that was online that had the VW Cabriolet given away, the GT wasn't shown).
6. It only ran from 1986-87.
7. Arsenio Hall didn't make his debut. That went to Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour in 1983.
8. Rosie O' Donnell had her debut here.
And the last fact...
It was taped at the Bob Barker Studio at CBS Television City.
That might do it. We leave you now with Sonya Belousova & Ghost Waltz. Happy Halloween & play on, playas.
(Song fades out)
Ghost Waltz - Player Piano (Official Video): http://youtu.be/xGHW21QsQSM